M&E Project Engineer-Tunbridge Wells / Harrietsham
This job has now expired
Location: Tunbridge Wells / Harrietsham
The role is for a degree qualified or time served engineer to join BAM Nuttall reporting to the Contracts Manager. The candidate must have experience of coordinating the site construction, commissioning and handover activities of M&E projects, with experience of clean and waste water water projects being of benefit. The projects are multi-disciplined civil, mechanical, electrical and process engineering projects. Electrical and or process background is of benefit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review M&E design documentation to ensure compliance with customer specifications and relevant standards
- Lead M&E disciplines on behalf of the site team in coordination/ management of M&E construction activities.
- Ensure safe systems of work are in place for mechanical, electrical and process works.
- Produce commissioning plans and supervise commissioning activities and handover.
- Prepare and issue subcontract and supply only enquiry packages.
- Evaluate and compare quotations and technical proposals.
- Work with planner to produce short and long term programmes
- Expedite off site works.
- Ensure company quality systems are in place and are adhered to.
- Identify change and provide advice to commercial department.
- Operator liaison.
- Risk management.
Candidate Requirements The Individual
- MSc/ BSc / HND/ HNC/ ONC in Electrical Engineering or Water/ Process related.
- Experience of managing procurement, site construction activities and commissioning of clean water projects.
- Able to build good relationships with customers and suppliers
- Can identify change/ risk and advise accordingly.
- Has a good grasp of cost and time associated with construction and commissioning activities.
- Can produce monthly and weekly look-ahead programmes
- Can produce method statements and risk assessments for construction and commissioning activities.
- Can produce commissioning/ handover documentation from template documents.
- Can read and interpret drawings keeping a copy of as-built information.
- Good communications skills.
- Be well organised.
- Be prepared for the occasional night/s away.