We are currently looking for a Resident Engineer (Drainage) to be part of the shared staff on our prestigious Roads project.
You will assist the Senior Resident Engineer in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project, with specific duties related to the work on the review and approval of the micro-tunnelling design and shop drawings. Supervise the work of the site engineers and the work inspectors working on the construction supervision of the micro-tunnelling and the associated works.
The primary role and responsibilities of the Resident Engineer (Drainage) are noted in the following bullet points:
- Direct the site supervision related to micro-tunnelling, drainage and associated works including the pipes, manholes, chambers, gullies, etc.
- Coordinate direct activities with the other discipline RE’s to maintain consistency and integrity in the overall construction;
- Responsible for reviewing all shop drawings, design proposals, method statements, any requests for information relating to the micro-tunnelling and associated drainage / sewage works;
- Coordinate with Parsons' design Engineers for resolution of related issues;
- Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates;
- Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources;
- Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team working on the supervision of the construction of the micro-tunnelling and associated drainage works including the site engineers, the work inspectors and the surveyors;
- Coordinate with PWA/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned authorities;
- Advise on contractual and construction matters regarding tunnelling and associated drainage works, utilities diversions and installations, traffic diversions, and other related works;
- Generally supervise, review, monitor and report on progress of the micro-tunnelling and associated works;
- Liaise with all parties for site safety;
- Convene and chair regular site meetings about issues related to micro-tunnelling and associated work and related activities;
- Issue additional drawings etc. as required in coordination with the design office;
- Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals;
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of records;
- Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project;
- Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Senior Resident Engineer, and the Project Safety Representative;
- Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements;
- Provide all necessary on-site direction and issue site instructions with respect to micro-tunnelling and associated works, utilities and other related activities;
- Report back as necessary to the Senior Resident Engineer;
Check and measure the performed work and record and display progress vs. programmed work;
• Prepare progress reports as applicable;
• Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings in the area of his discpline; Participate in contract administration. Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 13 years experience.