Planning Engineer - Bristol
This job has now expired
Required to work out of our regional office in Bristol, planning complex civil engineering projects for our Rail Business Unit (Western Region).
Your Key Activities include:
• Cooperate with other team members in an organised manner.
• Manage personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
• Treat health and safety and environmental matters as primary drivers of approach.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
• Assimilate information and summarising it in a manner that can be used to communicate the workscope to others.
• Contribute to the tender queries database
• Define methods and establishing outputs, in consultation with the estimator and the supply chain in appropriate circumstances.
• Cooperate with the design engineer to establish a design brief for temporary works.
• Prepare a resourced programme, including reviewing the outcome for conformance with requirements.
• Contribute to the risk register.
• Prepare visual material in support of planned methods.
• Prepare resource schedules for use at review.
• Provide the estimator with a justified schedule of temporary works and other indirect cost items.
• Contribute the required written submission material.
• Attend the tender review meeting to contribute a clear view of the workscope and the intentions for delivering it by reference to prepared material.
• Attend the handover meeting to contribute a clear view of the workscope and the intentions for delivering it by reference to prepared material and accepting further defined tasks.
• Prepare/maintain and communicate the contractual programme to meet all external and internal requirements, including progress reporting.
• Undertake simple assessments of the time effects of change.
• Contribute method and output feedback.
• Coach others.
Your Qualifications and Experience should be:
• Graduate civil engineer.
• Substantial experience of a wide range of civil engineering, to Sub Agent level, at least, with a fair understanding of the commercial background
• A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion
• Competent user of SureTrak, Word, and Excel