This job is no longer available
A well know European consultancy is looking for a Rail Project Manager with extensive experience in metro or light rail projects to join our team in Qatar.
- Project Managment accreditation APM, PRINCE2, IPAM, CIOB, PMI, RICS
- Bachelors Degree, preferably related to the built/infrastructure environment
- At least 10 years experience within the infrastructure or built environment
- Numerate with intermediate excel skills to allowing sorting, filtering, analysing and presentation of data.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of transport infrastructure and the built environment
- Logical and structured approach to planning tasks for each programme of work
- Demonstrable ability to liaise with colleagues and extract data in order to perform the required tasks
- Able to effectively document and control processes
- Able to effectively communicate and report to varying audiences using various tools
- Must be fluent in English both written and verbal
- Experience in the Middle East is desirable
Ability to use Microsoft Project
The project manager will be required to support and internally co-ordinate the technical activities of the PIC through the following activities.
- Control Documents primarily this will be the creation and maintenance of the Project Management Plan (PMP) for each programme of work. The PMP will set out how each programme of work will be defined and delivered and will be cross-referenced to all generic PMP systems and processes.
They will be at the appropriate level to allow task related resourcing that will support the resource plan.
In addition to the above, the project manager will develop short term task related briefs and programmes as and when required.
- Resource Planning the project manager will maintain the resource plan showing current and planned allocations of individual team members ensuring that mobilisations and demobilisations occur to plan. The resource plan will correlate to the plan of work.
- Periodic Reporting will be produced by the project manager to demonstrate the performance of each programme of work. This reporting will show the progress of key activities, deliverables produced each period, risks and constraints to performance and forthcoming key activities.
- Identification of Change - through detailed knowledge of the above points the project manager shall identify any variance from planned scope that would constitute a change, preparing a summary of required scope, plan of work and planned resources for review with the Programme Leader and Commercial Manager.
In the process of carrying out the above tasks the project manager will keep a comprehensive set of records to ensure that each programme of work is capable of withstanding external audit in terms of:
- Working to and adhering to planned and structured process
- Producing technical excellence
- Effective and efficient utilisation of resources.
For more information about this role or other international railway assignment please contact Megan Burges on
If you are interested in this Rail Project Manager opportunity please send me an up to date CV through in word format. Should this not be an opportunity for you but you know of Rail Project Manager looking for work please pass my details on.