This job is no longer available
Over the last year the Civil Engineering Contractors Association has expanded the activities that are carried out by its national office in London to promote and support the work that is carried out day-to-day by more than 300 members to deliver and maintain the UK’s vital infrastructure.
This expansion has created a need to appoint a new head of industry affairs to:
- Manage CECA’s liaison with national client organisation such as the Highways Agency, Environment Agency and energy companies
- Identify, manage and resolve concerns raised by members
- Take responsibility for the running of CECA’s busy Roads, Transport, Nuclear and Water groups
- Work with the CECA chief executive and head of external affairs to support the association’s ongoing communications and public affairs activities.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- have a background in the UK civil engineering sector, ideally in a customer-facing role (including – but not limited to – business development, marketing, sales, public affairs).
- have a good understanding of the structure and activities of the UK civil engineering contracting sector, and the issues faced by companies operating in it.
- have a good network of contacts across the industry, including those at key national client organisations.
- have first class communications capabilities.
- be able to manage a number of different projects, working with colleagues and engaging with members.