This job is no longer available
Highways asset management is one of our strategic priorities for growth in Atkins. We are well recognised as national leaders and for our expertise and the quality and range of services we provide in this field, both in the UK and overseas. We currently support our public and private sector clients in setting the asset management agenda and we lead on national developments, policy and implementation. Recent government policy is opening new opportunities with existing and new clients.
As part of our continual growth, we are expanding our asset management team. A vacancy exists for a Principal Consultant to support the work of the Asset Management Service Line. The position will involve working with clients in the public sector to develop and implement asset management principles and practices, as well as advise on the development of national guidance and dissemination of best practice. The main focus of the role will involve taking the responsibility for the delivery of projects but will also include project bidding and business development activities.
This position will be based at our Birmingham office in the UK
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Membership of a relevant professional institution or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent experience
- Technical Knowledge
- We require experience of:
- Knowledge backed by experience of structures asset management in the UK for both local and trunk road networks.
- Working in structures management both in an advisory role and in the delivery of maintenance activities
- Good knowledge of structures maintenance practices in the UK
- Good knowledge of asset valuation requirements and practices in the UK.
- Experience in the implementation of asset management systems and interpretation and analysis of results of such systems, with emphasis on structures
- Experience in developing client relationships
- Experience in organising, leading and delivering training workshops for a variety of stakeholders
- Working knowledge of PAS55
- Experience and track record in contributing to the development of national guidance documents.
- Experience and understanding of asset modelling
- Experience of working with a variety of UK clients at a senior level both on business development and project delivery
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of asset management, structures maintenance and PAS55
- Must be able to work in a client facing environment, with good communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Managing and delivering a variety of projects in the field of structures asset management
- Managing client relationships with a number of public sector clients
- Supporting business development activities, to support the Atkins strategy.
Rewards and Benefits
- Atkins has a generous benefits scheme:-
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays + the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days additional leave
- Discretionary Bonus
- Contributory Occupational Pension Scheme where Atkins will pay double your standard contribution
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Personal accident cover
- Share incentive plan after 6 months service
- Professional fees paid
- Give as you earn - charity contributions
- Private medical insurance discount
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice
- Childcare vouchers
- Sports and social activities
Training and Development
As an Investor in People, Atkins takes training and development very seriously. We develop individuals through a portfolio of in-house and external training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.