This job is no longer available
We are currently working with a Globally successful Engineering and Environmental consultancy who currently have several opportunities to join their Ground Engineering team
You would be expected to technically and financially manage and deliver projects through from initial quotation to issue of reports, particularly in the areas of geotechnical site investigation, ground engineering, engineering design (including development of associated foundation design), detailed geotechnical assessment, mining assessment, earthworks and reclamation design and management. You should have a strong grasp of basic soil mechanics and relevant experience of the analysis and design of a number of geotechnical solutions including deep foundations, slope stability remedial works, ground improvement and retaining walls.
• An MSc in geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics or engineering geology.
• The ability to complete factual and interpretative Phase 1 and 2 assessments.
• Experience in the supervision of the construction process including piling works, earthworks and foundations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to generate and technically review reports.
• Experience in the road/ renewables / wind farm sector would be advantageous.
• Experience of working on design & build contracts is desirable.
• Ability to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy.
• Ability to write technically sound and commercially focussed proposals and reports based on a clear understanding of the clients requirements.
If you are potentially interested in this opportunity and would like to receive further details please feel free to contact Andrew Pryce-Jones directly on 0117 314 2919
Thatcher Associates currently have a number of Geotechnical Engineering and Engineering Geologist roles based across the UK from Graduate Geotechnical Engineers, through to Associate/Director level. Please look at our website for further Geotechnical career opportunities, or alternatively please contact directly for a discussion regarding your next career move.