This job is no longer available
URS is currently recruiting for a Graduate Water Engineer- Electrical to join our well established team in our centrally located Chesterfield office.
As Graduate Water Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
• Liaising with the design team, contractor/client, in order to deliver technical designs for electrical aspects of installations, process plant, ICA and SCADA;
• Carrying out feasibility reviews and work up outline proposals for the works and design services;
• Technical delivery of detailed design services in accordance with current legislation and standards;
• Dealing with technical, quality, H&S and customer service parts of delivery;
In addition there will be opportunities to work on other projects in other areas developed within the URS Business.
An understanding of the UK water business and AMP cycle, WIMES, current standards and legislation with a track record in designing practical solutions. Experience in design and build projects is preferred, as the prime requirement is for an individual who can identify a practical, cost-effective approach to problem solving and delivery of the design solution against programme and budget constraints.
• Electrical Engineering degree (or equivalent);
• Working towards Member of Professional Institution (IET/CIWEM) or equivalent at Graduate level.
• UK water experience preferred but not essential;
• Able to deliver designs for an overall electrical package (installation, specifications, tender packages, ICA and SCADA).
• Project technical ability plus some commercial awareness;
• Good levels of personal responsibility, commitment and motivation;
• Client focus;
• Ability to solve technical problems quickly and efficiently;
• Ability to present solutions to clients;
• Able to develop good working relationships with clients and colleagues;
• Self-motivated as will need to act swiftly to deliver designs against tight deadlines;
• Must be a good team player.
In return you will join a professional, friendly team within a multinational organisation offering competitive salary and benefits.
URS is one of the world's leading engineering and environmental consultants; offering professional planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, as well as construction and programme management services throughout the UK and internationally. We operate in five key markets: government, industrial, infrastructure, power and oil and gas. Our scale, global reach, local knowledge and sector expertise equip us to meet the most complex and challenging assignments.
We are a growing and vibrant organisation offering excellent benefits and employment conditions. We are committed to your individual career development and are proud to be able to offer a range of exciting projects as well as a variety of career directions for all our staff. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.