A fantastic opportunity has recently arisen to work for a highly regarded Engineering consultancy for a Senior Geotechnical to work in their busy Birmingham based office.
- Technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting, ensuring compliance with all relevant standards (particularly Eurocode 7)
- Delivery of projects to programme, within budget and to the quality required
- Continued professional development and training is actively pursued.
- Develop designs in accordance with the Client's requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Scope, plan and manage effective ground investigations to facilitate all project design requirements
- Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, management and reporting of project resources and finances
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, outline designs and detailed designs, factual and interpretive reports, geotechnical appraisals / assessments and other technical documents as required
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Supervise team members including engineers, senior technicians and assistant/graduate engineer
- BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc in a geotechnical/geological science (or Civil Engineering + Geotechnics)
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer (CEng, CGeol or equivalent)
- Substantial post-qualification experience in rail and/or highways
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and geotechnical design software
- Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management
- Broad experience in ground investigation and geotechnical design
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners, supply chain, elected representatives and the public
- Client focused approach to service delivery
If you are potentially interested in this opportunity and would like to receive further details please feel free to contact Andrew Pryce-Jones directly on 0117 314 2919 for a confidential discussion.
Thatcher Associates currently have a number of Geotechnical Engineering and Engineering Geologist vacancies based across the UK from Graduates through to Associate/Director level. Please look at our website for further Geotechnical career opportunities, or alternatively please contact directly for a discussion regarding your next career move.