This job is no longer available
The Balfour Beatty Structural Engineering group undertakes the design of all forms of the Temporary Works structures associated with all manner of building, road, rail, tunnel, and other infrastructure projects.
We are currently looking for several Senior Temporary Works Engineers who are able to conceive, design, document, and manage Temporary Works solutions as well as contribute to the winning of potential projects.
Successful individuals will have the opportunity to continue their professional development, and play key roles in the leadership and development of the group.
- CEng MICE or MIStructE (or equivalent) with at least 7 years of strong experience in Temporary Works design, both routine and complex
- A knowledge of technical excellence
- Strategic and creative insight to understand the range of opportunities and be able to challenge the norm
- Commitment, dedication and a strong work ethic.
- Strong knowledge of analysis and design software, AutoCAD. Experience in BIM technologies and Sketch-up is desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, an ability to form effective relationships
- A valid CSCS card or the ability to quickly obtain one.
- Deliver and verify Temporary Works designs, providing expert technical support
- Contribute to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost effective strategies and solutions
- Ensure design risks are considered and prepare design risk assessments
- Lead design assurance on projects through conducting audits and regular meetings with the engineering and project teams, identifying best practice, areas for improvement and areas of concern
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant technical consultants and suppliers, managing their input in the design, development, pricing and delivery of technical solutions on site and tenders.
- Develop junior engineers, setting the example
- Exercise designer obligation of the Construction (Design and Management) regulations.