Design Manager/ CRE-Scotland (Rail)
This job has now expired
Working with our Rail Scotland division you will be required to Manage the design (Perm & Temp) for civil engineering / rail projects throughout region.
Your Key Activities include:
• Represent the design department when necessary at internal and external meetings.
• Liaise with other departments and project teams within the company with respect to design requirements.
• Undertake site visits when appropriate.
• Supervise the work of others within the department as appropriate whilst maintaining responsibility for completion of the task.
• Undertake the responsibilities of project design engineer if appointed.
• Ensure that design work undertaken is carried out in accordance with company procedures and that a high level of professionalism is maintained.
• Ensure that chargeable work is identified and evaluated including the preparation of adequate records of time spent.
• Ensure that feedback on design work is collated and saved in accordance with procedure.
• Coach individual staff members.
• Prepare conceptual designs from with a view to the preparation of safe, practical and economic designs in accordance with current legislation.
• Prepare detailed designs in accordance with current standards and codes including calculations, design risk assessments and sufficiently detailed sketches for the preparation of working drawings.
• Check the design work of other staff members and external designers.
• Summarise quantities relating to design tasks for pricing purposes.
• Maintain responsibility for the storage, filing and archiving of documents relevant to your design tasks.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Your Qualifications and Experience should be:
• Experience in civil engineering design for many structures commonly required by BAM Nuttall including earth retaining structures, foundations, structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, timber and proprietary falsework / propping systems.
• Degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject.
• Chartered Engineer preferred.
• Rail experience essential.