This job is no longer available
As part of a wider expansion of the Ground Engineering group, a Microstation CAD Technician is required to work in our Epsom offices, providing support for the Tunnelling & Underground Space Division and the Infrastructure & Energy Geotechnics Divisions.
With more than 250 professionals, Atkins’ reputation is built on the skills, excellence and commitment of our people in all aspects of ground engineering. We see a bright future as we adapt and strengthen our technical expertise in growth areas, such as Energy, Mass Transit and Major Infrastructure.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate looking to work on a diverse range of major and minor projects. Competitive salary and extended benefits combined with the chance to work within a design-focused large consultancy. Current workload is a mixture of both UK and International projects.
- It is essential for candidates to have good MicroStation software skills and proven technical experience in the draughting of large civil and structural projects. AutoCAD experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Possess an HNC or equivalent qualification.
- The ideal candidate should have extensive Civil/Structural/Tunnelling experience. (we may also consider a strong candidate with less experience)
- Have the ability and desire to work on a diverse range of projects and to communicate with others about project objectives and details.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to listen to the views of other parties.
- A ‘team player’ dedicated to the delivery of projects and development of the office as a whole.
- Enjoy working on both simple routine and complex detail drawings.
- At times working individually, so should have the ability to work to deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Additionally they will need to have worked in a similar consultancy environment on large projects.
- Committed to achieving programme delivery.
- Undertake production of project drawings using Microstation and other appropriate related software.
- Working to the company’s Quality, Safety and Environmental standards and adhere to project CAD standards.
The learning and development experience in our Ground Engineering team is different to that at most other companies. Here we thoroughly recognise the importance of our people and we invest for the long term to provide them with the technical, commercial and managerial expertise they need throughout their career. At Atkins our staff continue to learn and develop irrespective of position or experience.
Our investment includes our acclaimed technical conferences, regular presentations and discussion groups, field trips, bespoke training courses as well as active on the job mentoring. We also have our Ground Engineering Academy to provide structured support and encouragement to staff in their progression to chartership. Fulfilling learning and development experiences include the opportunity for international assignments in a variety of countries.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA ( who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Atkins has been named as one of the top 50 employers for women for 2013. The listing recognises Atkins as an organisation that is committed to making the most of the women in our workforce.
Reward & Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.