This job is no longer available
URS is currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and talented Assistant Pedestrian Modeller to join our well established transport modelling and assessment team in our centrally located London Victoria office. We are seeking an individual who has some relevant experience within pedestrian modelling.
As Assistant Pedestrian Modeller , you will become a key member of our highly experienced team in London currently engaged in developing a variety of pedestrian models to inform strategy, decision making and design. The team specify, develop and maintain models supporting a diverse range of requirements within the transport sector, using industry standard tools (LEGION/CAST) and bespoke software (EXCEL/ACCESS/GIS). Our current work includes development of pedestrian models for train stations, airports and major building infrastructure, in the UK and overseas.
You will have the following responsibilities:
• Undertaking various stages of the modelling process.
• Undertaking and assisting with initial survey planning, data collection and analysis;
• Producing network construction utilising GIS and other software;
• Manipulation of transport demand data;
• Running and interpretation of models;
• Producing technical notes to provide an audit trail and explain outcomes.
• Training will be provided in the use of software along with advice and guidance on the context within which the models are used.
For this role, you will have a relevant BSc/BEng level degree or equivalent in Engineering, Mathematics or similar, as well as possessing a relevant MSc level degree or equivalent in Transport Planning/Engineering or Modelling. The following will also be required for this role:
• Excellent knowledge of Pedestrian Modelling – demonstrable through relevant work experience;
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and Word;
• A background knowledge of GIS/CAD would be beneficial for this role;
• Excellent research, report writing, and communication skills;
• Membership of a relevant professional body such as TPS.
URS is a Stakeholder member of the Transport Planning Society and support personal development through the TPS’s Professional Development Scheme and the Transport Planning Qualification.
In return you will join a professional, friendly team within a multinational organisation offering competitive salary and benefits.
URS is one of the world's leading engineering and environmental consultants; offering professional planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, as well as construction and programme management services throughout the UK and internationally. We operate in five key markets: government, industrial, infrastructure, power and oil and gas. Our scale, global reach, local knowledge and sector expertise equip us to meet the most complex and challenging assignments.
We are a growing and vibrant organisation offering excellent benefits and employment conditions. We are committed to your individual career development and are proud to be able to offer a range of exciting projects as well as a variety of career directions for all our staff. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.