This job is no longer available
In 2011, Halcrow became a CH2M HILL company. CH2M HILL is a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, operations, and program management for government, civil, industrial and energy clients. Together, we’re stronger than ever and better suited to solve the world’s most complex and challenging problems. We’re growing to offer a deeper portfolio of services in key markets around the globe. The combined firm has a more robust presence in the Middle East, South America, India, Australia, the UK and the U.S. We now offer greater local expertise and experience along with a broader range of services worldwide.
Description and Desired Qualifications
CH2MHill has an impressive and thriving Transport Planning business in London and the South of England, with the responsibility of delivering a wide range of project work for strategic and local authority public sector clients. Our Clients include the HS2 Limited, Transport for London, Crossrail, the Highways Agency and Network Rail as well as a number of local authorities through Frameworks such as Bristol City Council and Worcestershire County Council. We also deliver a wide range of project work for private developers, representing all types of infrastructure, alongside our services for strategic and local public sector clients.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Highway Modeller (at Senior to Associate Director level) to contribute to the transport modelling work we undertake from our London office. For example, we have a number of ongoing projects particularly on the Highways Agency PSF
The principal function of this position is to package manage and undertake transport planning, modelling and analysis tasks particularly for Highways Agency and local authority work but may include development planning projects for public and private sector clients and PPP forecasting for private sector clients..
Job responsibilities will include:
• Delivery of transport projects and tasks to defined scope, budgets and timescales particularly with regard to highway modelling
• Use of transport planning software such as SATURN, CUBE, EMME and VISUM
• Package management of transport modelling tasks
• Assistance with the marketing of the Transport Modelling Sector
• Contribution to the specification of modelling tasks during business development
• Quality Assurance and Peer Review of Modelling work
• An interest in Transport Planning
• Interest and knowledge of issues affecting development planning
• Evidence of being able to deliver diligently to an agreed scope of work and to time and budget requirements
• Proven capability in the use of transport planning software, such as SATURN and CUBE
• Knowledge and experience of Highways Agency and Transport for London procedures, experience with HA PSF projects and/or TfL HAMS models would be very useful
• Knowledge of the application of WebTAG models would also be useful
• Proven capability in data analysis
• Package Management skills
• Proficient written and oral communication skills
• Aptitude and interest in learning and developing transport planning skills
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.