Project Manager (Rail)
This job has now expired
We require a Project Manager with extensive civil engineering experience, gained working in a rail environment, to work with our Rail division who are based in Bristol, covering an area that consists of West England and South Wales area.
Your Key Activities include:
• Set a personal example in health safety and environmental matters through safety tours, and by strong, visible leadership, acting as a champion to company and sub-contractor employees through site initiatives, in conjunction with HSQE Department.
• Provide operational, strategic and contractual direction for the project team.
• Take a personal interest in mentoring and developing key staff to their next level.
• Lead and manage the project team, ensuring high levels of morale and motivation at all levels.
• Adopt, maintain and promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
• Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and the supply chain.
• Promote repeat business by personal contact with key stakeholders, and by demonstrating high levels of commitment to their requirements.
• Ensure operation of the company cost control system, and the timely production of reliable cost reports and QF's.
• Ensure realistic short, medium and contract programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated.
• Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, briefed, reviewed and updated.
• Ensure all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
• Use recorded weekly internal progress meetings to ensure communication at all levels within the team.
• Keep off-site line management apprised of potential problems, strategic options and future work opportunities.
• Establish and maintain close working relationship with buying department to ensure compliant advantageous procurement terms.
• Establish close working relationship with site supervisors to ensure cost effective use of labour and plant.
• Assist in the acquisition, preparation and review of designated tenders, with particular reference to planning and methodology.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Candidate Requirements • Wide knowledge of construction techniques and contract law relevant to construction contracts.
• Able to demonstrate financial, commercial and business development acumen.
• Qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred).