This job is no longer available
Job Ref: 11789
Job title: Senior Transport Modeller
Location: South East
Rate: £30,000-£35,000 per annum
Our client is looking for a Senior Transport Modeller to join a dynamic team in the South East. The role will involve transport modelling in conjunction with the work of the rest of the office including development planning work, transport assessments, master planning, public consultations and public transport studies. This role will offer the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across offices and with the potential to work internationally.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Take responsibility for modelling projects, including project managing smaller, in-house project teams.
- Delivering quality projects to strict timescales and budgets.
- Assist with assessing client requirements for modelling and related tasks.
- Transport model development including model building, calibration/validation, model testing/auditing, checking and analysis of outputs.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
- Preparing technical reports and proposals for clients.
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients, internal and external.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A degree in a relevant discipline (transport planning, engineering, mathematics, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience of developing transport models from first principles (including forecasting) as well as the ability to build, calibrate and validate models with little supervision.
- Knowledge of transport policy, issues and techniques.
- Significant experience of at least one of the following: Cube Voyager, SATURN, EMME, VISUM, VISSIM, OmniTrans or Paramics.
- Experience of programming bespoke analysis tools and VBA programming.
- Ability to independently devise study methodology.
- Some experience in economic assessment tools (TUBA, COBA, QUADRO) would be desirable.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Olivia on 020 7960 2554 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com