This job is no longer available
Job Ref: 11723
Job title: Regional Highways Leader
Location: Glasgow/ Edinburgh/ Aberdeen
Rate: Highly Competitive (+ Benefits)
Our client is an internationally recognised multi-disciplinary consultancy and is currently seeking to appoint a Regional Highways Leader to their Scottish Highways business to progress their exciting portfolio of works with Transport Scotland, Local Authorities and Civil Engineering Contractors.
The successful candidate will take on the leadership of all highway sector operations in Scotland. This is a full time, permanent position and can be based in either Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Undertake strategic highways business development activities and ensure business targets are met
- Develop sound client relationships and recognise emerging commercial opportunities
- Lead, or assist with, the preparation of major proposals
- Manage and grow the highway engineering team and ensure the appropriate distribution of resources locally for the pipeline of work to be delivered efficiently
- Manage staff in the performance of their duties
- Monitor financial performance in relation to agreed financial metrics and KPIs
- Perform reviews of potential contractual project risks
- Assist in the corporate and management functions of the Highways & Bridges Sector to ensure continuing growth and development of the wider business
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree education in Civil Engineering or a relevant discipline
- Chartered Civil Engineer with experience in the successful delivery of highway engineering services to Transport Scotland, Local Authorities and Contractors
- Demonstrable leadership and business management experience
- High degree of competence in project management
- Proven expertise in highway design is essential, whilst a demonstrable capability in highway maintenance and / or asset management is desirable
- Successful track record of building client relationships and identifying, pursuing and winning work with both public sector agencies and private sector engineering contractors
- Must be willing to travel
This role is a unique opportunity to become part of an established highways business that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients and a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Gavin on 0141 375 7955 or GJM@mattinsonpartnership.com
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
For Further Information on the Mattinson Partnership visit www.mattinsonpartnership.com