This job is no longer available
Our client is one of the leading UK firms of consulting engineers. They operate throughout the UK and have been established over 80 years ago. They have grown worldwide, bringing innovative solutions to international clients. They have offices across the UK offering multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy services .
Our client is an award winning consultancy for outstanding personal contribution and highly commended at the 2013 British expertise awards for international design. Our client is a diverse engineering consultancy delivering solutions to the private and public sector. They are a privately owned engineering consultancy offering experience to Highways, Land development, Rail, Traffic, Water & wastewater management.
Due to an increase in workload or client is seeking a highway engineer with 2/3 years experience.
You will be degree qualified or equivalent in Civil Engineering with an MSc (desirable) with a proven track record in highway engineering. You will be involved on many projects from inception to completion of major highway and minor highway schemes. Innovative design to 80 km motorway – By Pass – UK 3.8km dual carriageway, development of 3 new underpasses to remove 90% traffic to minimize accidents, overseas projects – 6 major freeway interchanges new motorway – By Pass congested roundabout providing feasibility studies, preliminary design, detailed design, and project management.
Other aspects of the position is working towards highway design standards the working procedures, of the highways agency, supervise the work carried out and involved with cad technicians in looking at elements like surface texture and road junction design maintenance of bridges, drainage systems, and structure.
You will provide design and drafting services for road design team for the preliminary and detailed design phases. Work out current traffic volumes and predict future highways usage. Planning and designing build work you will have to take into consideration and environmental factors. Decision making where to place traffic control systems on the motorway, the width of the lanes, and calculating for maximum slopes.
- Producing pre-design drawings and feasibility reports
- Calculating traffic figures and analytically solving theoretical traffic figure growths
- Requesting Statutory undertakers information through the C2 process
- Designing safety barrier to protect the public from hazards with the verge by the use of RRRAP
- Calculating the scheme benefits and obtaining a value management score with the aid of the Highways Agency’s computer software ‘Project Appraisal Report’ (PAR)
- Designing Improvement, Safety, Economy and Integration schemes for highway schemes
- Requesting and organising topographical and trial hole information
- Designing out risk and eliminating design issues
Benefits & Rewards
Our client offers a range of benefits to their employees including educational courses, free subscriptions, pension schemes, healthcare, vouchers, holidays, and lots more.
As an on-going training you will have the chance to work to work overseas or on major overseas projects.
Further details on this vacancy please email a copy of your CV or call 0161 918 6653 for a private and confidential discussion.