Graduate/Assistant Quantity Surveyor
This job has now expired
Graduate / Assistant Quantity Surveyor- Tunbridge Wells
We have a vacancy for a recent Graduate of Quantity Surveying to work out of our Tunbridge Wells office. Keen to hear from Candidates with a desire to pursue a career in Civil Engineering and have chosen to study courses in related sector. Travel will be required throughout the SE England area so a driving license is essential (company car provided).
Responsibilities of the Assistant QS:
• Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with Company policy and participate fully in the “Don't Walk By” initiative.
• Undertake costing activities, under direction, utilising a sound working knowledge of the cost coding structure for the project.
• Resolve material and plant invoice queries and discrepancies.
• Produce and / or check accruals for materials and plant costing.
• Check processed invoices against movement reports, as directed, and maintain invoice files for future reference.
• Maintain materials on site records for monthly valuations.
• Measure completed works for allocated sections of the work, for interim and final accounts, including recording agreements with client and/or subcontract representatives.
• Collate and / or produce site records necessary for interim and final account payments and cost reports, including materials received records.
• Assist in valuation of changes to the tendered work scope.
• Participate in recording of and payment of subcontracted work, including processing of labour only subcontractors payments.
• Maintain the established commercial administration systems.
• Maintain communication links with both more senior and more junior project team staff.
• Maintain progress of objectives in the Company QS training programme including regular contact with appointed DQS.
• Provide support and guidance to trainee quantity surveyors and commercial assistants.
• Attend meetings and training sessions as requested.
• Maintain personal diary.
• Maintain and / or supervise the LPWS system.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Your Qualifications and Experience should be:
• Previous site experience as a student or trainee QS.
• Basic knowledge of construction industry scope, relationships & practice.
• Qualified to ONC, relevant degree or equivalent.