Sub Agents x2-Swindon / Bristol area
This job has now expired
Location:Swindon / Bristol area
Required to work for our Rail Division working on challenging civil engineer projects within rail environment initially working along the Swindon to Bristol corridor and later throughout SW England and South Wales.
Your Key Activities include:
• Set personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures through method statements, risk assessments and briefings.
• Manage, supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and generation of appropriate records.
• Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and supply chain.
• Adopt and promote a cost-conscious attitude through efficient use of company resources.
• Support the agent as required in operating the cost management system, the production of programmes and QF preparation.
• Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
• Communicate with general foreman to ensure adequate work preparation and resources availability.
• Assist the agent as required to procure necessary materials, sub-contracts and plant in sufficient time.
• Review with the agent regularly the performance, development and training needs of subordinate staff, including underperformance or potential resignations.
• Advise agent of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Your Qualifications and Experience should be:
• Successful experience at section engineer level.
• Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge.
• Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
•Rail experience required.