Location: Shipdham (Norfolk) or Harrietsham (Kent)
Planning Engineer required to join our Business Unit working on projects throughout Eastern and South Eastern England.
Your Key Activities include:
• Treat health and safety and environmental matters as primary drivers of approach.
• Cooperate with other team members in an organised manner.
• Assimilate information and summarising it in a manner that can be used to communicate the workscope to others.
• Prepare a resourced programme, including reviewing the outcome for conformance with requirements.
• Contribute to the risk register.
• Prepare visual material in support of planned methods.
• Prepare resource schedules for use at review.
• Manage personally controlled project documentation in an orderly fashion.
• Coach others.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
• Contribute to the tender queries database
• Define methods and establish competitive outputs, in consultation with the estimator and the supply chain in appropriate circumstances.
• Cooperate with the design engineer to establish a design brief for temporary works.
• Provide the estimator with a justified schedule of temporary works and other indirect cost items.
• Contribute the required written submission material.
• Attend the bid review meeting to contribute a clear view of the workscope and the intentions for delivering it by reference to prepared material.
• Attend the handover meeting to contribute a clear view of the workscope and the intentions for delivering it by reference to prepared material and accepting further defined tasks.
• Prepare/maintain and communicate the contractual programme to meet all external and internal requirements, including progress reporting.
• Define/confirm methods and outputs, in consultation with the site team and the supply chain in appropriate circumstances.
• Support the production of short term programmes.
• Undertake simple assessments of the time effects of change.
• Contribute method and output feedback.
Your Qualifications and Experience should be:
• Graduate civil engineer or equivalent.
• Substantial experience of a wide range of civil engineering, to Sub Agent level, at least, with a fair understanding of the commercial background
• A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion
• Competent user of P6, Word, and Excel.