This job is no longer available
Senior Construction Manager/Deputy Program Manager:
The selected candidate will:
· Acts as Deputy Program Manager for Group A or Group B projects. Acts as the Parsons consultant representative’s deputy in accordance with the contract terms and conditions and scope of services in Appendix A.
· Provides focal point for all construction management activities throughout the programme
· Primary liaison between Parsons and clients Lead Project Engineer
· Plans, directs, coordinates, and manages construction projects and contracts through a staff of qualified field construction specialists and support staff, with direct responsibility for success of the Resident Engineers.
· Supervises multiple projects simultaneously through assigned field construction staff.
· Manages the prequalification, tender, selection, and award process of general and trade contractors.
· Manages the claims process from initiation to resolution.
· Oversees performance of assigned contracts and ensures work is completed to required contract specifications, quality, and schedule.
· Assists with obtaining necessary permits and licenses and ensures compliance with building and safety codes, other regulations and requirements.
· Oversees delivery and use of materials, tools, and equipment; worker safety and productivity; and quality of construction.
· Participates in conceptual development of the construction project and oversees its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
· Ensures LEED construction practices and commissioning are carried out in accordance with required standards, contract documents and other referenced requirements.
· Participates in construction project meetings.
From a programmatic standpoint and in cooperation with Resident Engineers:
· Serves as construction manager for matters relating to field activities performed by separate contractors, suppliers, and consultants.
· Collects and presents data regarding all initial and regular deliverables. Works in concert with other Sr CM to produce deployment plans, PMP (and related deliverables) and all deliverables, billings/invoices and reports.
· Responsible for proactive management of staffing efforts to ensure timely arrival of the best qualified staff
· Ensures progress of site work is in conformance with project objectives for quality, safety, schedule, and cost.
· Functions as the lead member of the Parsons team for construction management, interfacing and coordinating with plant operations for training, commissioning participation, and final handover of completed facilities.
· Responsible for and manages efforts to resolve conflicts in any of the engineering documents or site conditions and pursues timely resolution of such issues so work can continue unimpeded and without delay.
· Assesses current work fronts and rates of progress and anticipates any obstructions that could arise and adversely affect the progress of work. Initiates corrective actions.
· Responsible for and manages process for review of technical information for completeness of design and constructability with discipline leads.
· Liaises with design consultants, contractors, and other entities for clarifications, changes, and problem resolutions.
· Prepares and reviews drafts, including drafts prepared by others, of field change notices and non-conformance notices.
· Facilitates resolution of requests for information submitted by contractors and assists in preparing and releasing scope clarifications.
· Oversees verification of field installation progress and assists in processing contractor progress billings.
· Supports preparation and release of contractor variation orders.
· Maintains awareness and accountability for the safety and QA/QC programmes and develop Safety and QA culture throughout the program.
· Supervises Core Team
Reports to Program Director an asset proven ability to develop and/or revise 3D models and drawings within the capacity of Electrical Engineering