Transport Development Control Officer
Our client is currently looking for a Transport Development Control Officer to undertake the assessment of development proposals throughout the local area to ensure that they are of an appropriate design in terms of highway safety and that the proposals contribute to highway and transport improvements in accordance with the relevant standards and protocols.
A suitably qualified and experienced Transport Development Control Officer is required for the post to provide the relevant advice to enable the Development Management service to carry out the statutory duty to determine applications for planning consent.
Within this role the candidate will assist the Head of Strategic Planning and Design in providing a high quality service relating to:
- Identifying and advising of the transport and highway design requirements of development.
- Supporting the preparation of Local Development Framework documents and other plans and strategies, in relation to transport and highway design matters.
1. Ensure that new development is designed in accordance with Development Plan policies and Manual for Streets and accompanied by appropriate transport infrastructure and facilities to create high quality sustainable places.
2. Ensure that the council's plans, policies, strategies and development proposals, including those related to the Local Development Framework, are appropriate and realistic in relation to transport and highway design matters.
3. To support the democratic process and elected members in the provision of Strategic Planning & Design services, and to contribute to and participate in the development of the service and the Department of Strategic Planning and Environment.