Deputy project manager/Integration manager
Deputy project manager/Integration manager - various locations
Halcrow is a multidisciplinary consultancy, able to bring together the right people to meet the needs of each project. Don’t just take our word for it – take a look at our work.
Our multi-disciplinary teams have worked on HS1, the channel tunnel rail link; the Docklands Light Railway, Tottenham Court Road station upgrade and Heathrow Express. We’ve designed award-winning stations and delivered major capacity enhancements across the UK.
The Highways Practice within the Transportation Practice Area is committed to delivering major highway schemes for National Agencies and Contractors. In addition, we support local authorities and developers in realising their highway related projects, achieved through a fully integrated approach to project delivery drawing on the services of all Halcrow skill groups from locations throughout the region. We also provide a significant level of design support to Aone+, the Highways Agency’s MAC in Areas 7, 10, 12 and 14.
Halcrow are also working closely with the Highways Agency to develop a number of exciting Managed Motorway projects through to construction and scheme handover. This role as Deputy Project Manager within the Managed Motorway Design Hub and Site assurance Commission is crucial to the success of our Managed Motorways and major scheme portfolio in the UK.
The principal function of this position is to assist the Project Manager in the management, control, monitoring, and implementation of the development, design and delivery of managed motorways and major highway schemes.
The priorities of this role include:
· assisting the Project Manager in the management, programming, commercial processes and implementation of the integrated quality, environmental and Health and Safety procedures
· liaison with, and coordination of Discipline Leads to ensure that cross functional design activities are effectively planned, managed and integrated
· assisting with the implementation and monitoring of Project performance management, including implementation of the MST performance management system.
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- be experienced in working with project management, programming, and commercial monitoring processes, and the implementation of quality control measures.
- an understanding of the Highways Agency PCF, the DMRB and the MCHW.
- experienced in supporting the management of design and delivery of highway schemes
- capable of working in support of the Project Manager, and of liaising and co-ordinating with other discipline leads to ensure the design is efficiently planned, managed and integrated.
The candidate should ideally have a relevant civil engineering degree or equivalent and experience of highways infrastructure projects relevant to the role, and chartered status of an appropriate institution.
We encourage a healthy work-life balance by offering flexible working, a contributory pension scheme and private healthcare cover. We recognise and reward success, and we’re committed to learning and professional development
Halcrow is a CH2M Hill company