This job is no longer available
Project manager - various location possibilities including Worcester, Derby, Warrington
Halcrow is a multidisciplinary consultancy, able to bring together the right people to meet the needs of each project. Don’t just take our word for it – take a look at our work.
Our multi-disciplinary teams have worked on HS1, the channel tunnel rail link; the Docklands Light Railway, Tottenham Court Road station upgrade and Heathrow Express. We’ve designed award-winning stations and delivered major capacity enhancements across the UK.
The Highways Practice within the Transportation Practice Area is committed to delivering major highway schemes for National Agencies and Contractors. In addition, we support local authorities and developers in realising their highway related projects, achieved through a fully integrated approach to project delivery drawing on the services of all Halcrow skill groups from locations throughout the region. We also provide a significant level of design support to Aone+, the Highways Agency’s MAC in Areas 7, 10, 12 and 14.
Halcrow are also working closely with the Highways Agency to develop a number of exciting Managed Motorway projects through to construction and scheme handover. This role as Project Manager within the Managed Motorway Design Hub and Site assurance Commission is crucial to the success of our Managed Motorways and major scheme portfolio in the UK.
The principal function of this position is to provide technical and project management of the development, design and delivery of managed motorways and major highway schemes.
The priorities of this role include:
· efficient and effective delivery of the design and site activities for Managed Motorway and major highways projects
· management, review and control of project risks.
· management of quality, Health and Safety and environmental activities on the project
· progress and financial reporting
· delivery of the project to agreed time, quality and budgetary targets
· project performance management, including implementation of the MST performance management system.
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- demonstrate leadership and the ability to maintain a highly-motivated project team.
- have a full understanding of the Highways Agency PCF, the DMRB and the MCHW.
- be experienced in the design and delivery of a major highway schemes, ideally demonstrating Managed Motorway experience, and with a high degree of technical independence.
- able to lead multi-disciplinary projects and be the principal client contact.
- have experience in the assessment of project risk, and the ability to implement appropriate control and mitigation measures.
The candidate should ideally have a relevant civil engineering degree or equivalent and significant experience of highways infrastructure projects relevant to the role, and chartered status of an appropriate institution.
We encourage a healthy work-life balance by offering flexible working, a contributory pension scheme and private healthcare cover. We recognise and reward success, and we’re committed to learning and professional development
Halcrow is a CH2M Hill company