Senior highways technician
Senior highways technician - Worcester
Halcrow is a multidisciplinary consultancy, able to bring together the right people to meet the needs of each project. Don’t just take our word for it – take a look at our work.
Our multi-disciplinary teams have worked on HS1, the channel tunnel rail link; the Docklands Light Railway, Tottenham Court Road station upgrade and Heathrow Express. We’ve designed award-winning stations and delivered major capacity enhancements across the UK.
We’re also part of the team helping to deliver Crossrail; and with our parent company CH2M HILL, part of the development partner team for the next phase of engineering, design and environmental work on HS2, the £32 billion London to West Midlands line. At a regional level, we are also helping many government and local authority organisations to deliver their development ambitions.
As part of Transportation, the Highways practice area covers a wide range of skills including design and project management for both public and private sector clients. The Worcester office is now looking for additional design support at Incorporated Engineer or senior technician level due to the amount of current and predicted workload being undertaken from this office, both for Worcester CC and for other Local Authority and public sector clients. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate good previous experience in the development of transportation projects, and ideally have experience in the use of highway design software and AutoCAD.
The principal function of this position is to:
· to provide technical support on the development of highway or transportation infrastructure projects
· to lead other less experienced design support staff
The priorities of this role include:
- providing highways design support on projects, supporting or leading delivery of technical or contract requirements to time and budget
- ensuring that design output includes appropriate risk assessment processes and compliance with CDM 2007
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge. These points align with the key areas of responsibility:
· good highway alignment knowledge, ideally with current experience of highway design software and use of AutoCAD
· experience in other highway infrastructure design including most of the following aspects: drainage design; pavement design; traffic signs and road markings preparation of specifications especially MCHW; traffic management and safety schemes, TRO’s.
· ability to work as part of a team with demonstrated ability to work to time and budget
· working experience of the HA standards such as the DMRB and MCHW
· experience of design risk assessment processes and CDM 2007 regulations and use of quality assurance processes
· flexible, self-motivated and organised
· numerate and literate, with ability to provide good quality inputs to technical reports
· actions driven by our business values and principles
· minimum BEng, HND or other appropriate qualifications, and close to or working at Incorporated Engineer level.
· good relevant experience, in either the public or private sectors of service delivery, for a range of highway infrastructure projects
We encourage a healthy work-life balance by offering flexible working, a contributory pension scheme and private healthcare cover. We recognise and reward success, and we’re committed to learning and professional development
Halcrow is a CH2M Hill company